Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Men's Shirt Refashion to Child's Robe

I love thrift shopping. It's hard to go to a clothing store and pay full price for something when I know I could find something similar for cheap. I recently saw a site www.refashionco-op.blogspot.com It is a group of people who take thrift store finds and do unbelievable things. I wanted to try my hand with this little thing.
The Before:
An extra large fuzzy men's shirt from the 80's with a short zipper at the collar. First thing, I used a seam ripper to remove the zipper. Since the shirt was $2.99, I can't do much to loose my money. Next, I used a robe pattern from a child's pajama set. I didn't like to way the pattern was set up, so I improvised. I cut the large pieces first then used the smaller pieces that I needed to jigsaw to get the perfect fit.
The After:
The edges on the robe are parts from an Ikea blanket ($3/flannel).
I had my son try it on, and he didn't take it off. He took a bath, put it on, and then slept in it. I think he likes his new robe.
Happy Re-fashioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment