Monday, May 7, 2012

Decor via paint swatches

This weekend, I did a makeover on my son's room while he was visiting his dad. After seeing some things on the internet about paint swatches, I decided to paint everything. Since he is the last of four children, I had a mish-mash of different pieces in his room. Nothing matched. White walls with a few crayon marks on them....where was I when he did that?? Toys all over. Before he left, my son and I did a "game" of Keep-or-Giveaway. We often go to thrift stores, so he understood the concept of giving other kids the opportunity to play with his old toys. I am very proud of him, he gave up two large boxes of odd ball toys.
It took two days to move, paint, and organize. And it was fun!
Race cars, Disney's Toy Story, Disney's Cars and Marvel Avengers. He likes a lot of stuff. Why not incorperate them all.
The bed is an IKEA twin that came off a trundle no longer being used. The frame is not quite complete in the painting department, but it was an easy bulld. 2x12s and a piece of sanded plywood resting on a 1x1 shelf, three inches from the top. *Note to self, watch out for little dogs while painting. Hard to see, but there are little dog prints on the carpet. This room is soon to be laminate.
The dresser turned out super.

In an odd corner, small shelves display my son's Cars collection. Clean up is a snap.
The reveal was great, he was so happy. Now, he wants me to play in his room all day.
Happy Painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment