Tuesday, August 23, 2011

House Cleaning


Of all the things that we just have to do in life, housecleaning is in the top three. Death and taxes are up there too. I prefer cleaning house. In order to do this job a little easier, I have devised a system. The cleaning basket. Included are all the things you would need and a few added incentives. Home made cleaner (Vinegar and water), Window cleaner (Ammonia and water), Comet, air freshener when your done, sponge, rag, duster, coarse scrub brush and a small box with grocery bags in for trash and odds and ends. I also bring a tote with me to toss any item that doesnt belong in that room. So later, I can deposit said items in the right place. "A place for anything, and everything in its place".
One other thing I put in my basket. A timer. I find it almost fun to race against the clock. Bedrooms and baths get ten minutes. Larger areas, fifteen. You'd be suprised how much you can get done when you know there is a time limit. Plus, you get less destracted.
With three kids in the house, rooms get messy when I turn around. My day off gets nabbed by major house cleaning, so it's easier to spot clean on the days I work.
One more thing....an Ipod works great for this, set the timer on you device and listen to music, upbeat and quick rhythm, makes it more fun.
Happy House Cleaning

No comments:

Post a Comment