Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pajama fix for adjustable straps

I am a rather large breasted woman who lives in very hot summers. My favorite clothes are pajamas and scrubs (for work, of course). I am a thrift store junkie, and love to find great deals. Normally, I don't buy certain things at thrift stores (eg. bras, panties, pajamas). The one below just called my name. So for 50 cents and a good bleach washing, this find was wonderful.
But, this maxi style garment has adjustable straps. I have other pajamas with this same feature. After sleeping, I came to realize, the "adjustable" was a bother rather than a plus. The neck line seemed to plummet mid-sleep and no longer covered what needed to be covered.
Quick fix: adjust the straps to your liking, and sew them that way.
For obvious reasons, I did not want to model. But this is what it looked like after a nights sleep. Even on a hanger, you can see the shape is not flattering.
Once sewn, the results are obvious. a much nicer fit that wont slip during sleep.

A close up look reveals how easy this was. But it made a big difference.
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment