Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lollipop Valentines that won't break your Budget

This year marks my youngest son's kindergarten Valentine's Day. I wanted to do something sweet that he could put together. I got this idea from Martha Stewart's Holiday Book. Lollipop roses! The best part, total cost....$7. At our local dollar store, I found fabric rose petals in red and pink, mini lollipops (two bags were needed for a class of 24), red sparkly tissue paper, and Valentines pencils (again, two packs). I had leftover green ribbon from clearance Christmas.
First, I set aside three red petals with small slits cut in the pointy portions. Next, I cut small slits in the tops of the pink petals to create depth, again with small slits in the base. I roughly cut the tissue paper into 3x3" squares with slits in the center. The ribbon cut into 4" strips and I printed 'address labels' as name cards.
William assembled about five of these before it got boring, but he boasts that he made them all. We took the lollipop, added three pinks, then three red petals. Then added the tissue paper. I trimmed the edges to create a circle pattern and affixed it with clear tape. We taped them to pencils (not pictured above). I attached the name card to the ribbon and tied it to the lollipop.

Happy Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment