Friday, February 17, 2012

Quick Crochet iPod/iPhone Case

I learned how to crochet during my recent recovery from surgery. How? Youtube! I found lots of great information and how to do a bunch of stitches. A great find..Art of Crochet by Teresa. She does everything!!  So, I was inspired and made this simple, yet effective iPod case. I use mine at work all the time and a few times I have banged it while moving a patient in bed. My biggest fear is finding a crack in the screen. Both my daughter and her boyfriend have large cracks, but the little wonders are still functional.
What I did:   Chained out a good length of yarn, enough to make the width of my iPod with some room on either side. Next, I alternated single crochets and double crochets. This took me two nights watching movies with my kids. When it was long enough to fold over my devise like an envelope, I tied it off and yarn stitched the sides. It needed a little bling, as all things do, so I added the gem. It didn't have any holes, so the glue gun helped out.
Now, I feel a little safer with my iPod in my pocket at work. It also helps to find it in the bottom of my purse too.


Happy crocheting and sleep tight little iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment